Fish - 1Kg (I used Tilapia)
Kashmiri red chilly powder- 3-4 tsp
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp (optional)
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Kudam puli-3-4 (medium)
Mustard seeds- 1/2 tsp
Fenugreek seeds(uluva)-1/2 tsp
Curry leaves-2 sprigs
Coconut oil/ any veg oil
- Clean fish and cut into medium sized square pieces
- Soak kudampuli in 1/2 cup of water.
- Make a paste of chilly powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder in water.
- Heat oil in a pan (preferably manchatti) splutter fenugreek seeds followed by mustard seeds. Add ginger, garlic and onion. Saute until the raw smell has gone. Now add the chilly powder paste, salt. Saute until you see the oil bubbling through the paste.
- Add soaked kudam puli along with water and bring it to boil. Finally add fish pieces, curry leaves, 1-2 cups of water and salt. Cook covered in medium heat for half an hour. After that simmer it until the curry gets thickened.
One more method:
Follow the steps 1-4.Grind everything in a blender and make a paste. Transfer everything into a cooking vessel and follow the step 5. Serve warm with rice or kappa.