Chicken-1.5 lb, boneless skinless
Red chilly powder- 1 tsp
Meat masala- 1 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Pepper powder- 1 tsp
Cumin powder- 1/2 tsp
Ginger -1 inch piece
Kasoori methi-2 tsp
Yogurt- 3/4 cup
Bell pepper(green)-1, medium
Bell pepper(red)-1, medium
Lemon juice- 2-3 tsp
- Soak the skewers in water.
- Wash and clean chicken, cut into 1 inch pieces, wipe off excess water
- Crush nicely ginger, garlic, green chilly, cilantro, kasoori methi and mix with chilly powder, coriander powder, masala powder, cumin powder, salt and yogurt.
- Marinate the chicken pieces in the above mixture for 2 hours in refrigerator.
- Cut the bell peppers, onion into 1 inch squares and sprinkle pepper powder, salt and 1 tsp of lemon juice
- String the chicken pieces,bell peppers, onion on the skewers and keep in a baking tray lined with foil.
- Spray or brush oil on chicken. Bake 400 F in an oven for 15 min each side.
- Switch the oven to broil mode and cook for 5 more minutes each side.
- Chicken tikka is ready. Squeeze lemon juice and garnish with tomato, onion etc. It goes well with rice or chappathi
- No need to remove the juices that oozes out from chicken. Let the chicken cook in that so that it will be more soft.