Fish- 2 fillets (I used tilapia fillets)
Green chilly-3-4, sliced lengthwise
Curry leaves-2 sprigs
Grated coconut-1/2 cup
Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
Chilly powder-1.5 tsp
Coriander powder-1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
Pearl onion-2, sliced
Coconut oil-2 tsp
- Clean fish and cut into medium pieces
- Soak kudam puli in 1/2 cup of water.
- Grind the ingredients listed to a fine paste by adding 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan (clay pot) and add garlic and green chillies. Saute for 2 minutes add ground coconut paste, kudam puli along with water and salt. Bring it to boil and add fish. (Add 1cup water if you need more gravy). Cook covered until the fish is cooked. Open the lid, add curry leaves and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- In another pan add 1 tsp of oil splutter mustards and add pearl onion saute until onions are brown, add this into the fish curry. Serve hot with rice or kappa