- Ayala (Mackerel)- 2
- Kashmiri chilly powder- 1tsp
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Onion: 2 medium, thinly sliced
- Tomato-1, chopped
- Green chilly- 3-5, sliced lengthwise
- Pepper powder-1 tsp
- Coriander powder- 2tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Coconut milk-2 tsp
- Clean fish, make gashes and marinate with ingredients 2-4 for an hour.
- Warm oil in a pan and add few curry leaf sprigs and fry fish over that. Cook both sides and keep aside
- Heat oil in a pan, fry onions, curry leaves and green chillies. Saute until onions are slight brown. Add all masala powders and saute for a while. Stir in chopped tomatoes and cook covered. Finally add thin coconut milk and cook until the gravy is thick.
- Place half of the gravy in a plantain leaf, then fried fish and the remaining gravy. Sprinkle 1 tsp of lemon juice and make a parcel using plantain leaf.
- Spay some oil in a pan and roast both sides of the parcel until you see the leaf turned brown. Open up the parcel and serve hot with rice.